Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, we made the mistake of washing our polyurethaned (I think - the clear coating) wood floors w/Murphy's Oil soap. This was a mistake - Murphy's oil is for the actual wood, or stained wood, etc.

Anyway...the floors are GROSS. The oil buildup attracts every piece of dirt in the state of New York (so if your floors are clean elsewhere in NY you have me & my filthy feet to thank).

I've mopped, and vaccumed, and scrubbed..and mopped (I'm talking hands & knees w/both vinegar & water and an enzyme cleaner) some more...still disgusting.

We wear no shoes in the house, have no pets, the problem is really and truly this gross buildup. The floors are sticky.

ANY ideas?? I'm at my wit's end...
thanks!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2busy2clean View Post

Ummm, when I used Murphy's (only once) I think I was able to wash it up with liquid dish soap - for washing by hand not machine.
Awesome, I will try this during my next round of washing (oh, this is so fun...)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2busy2clean View Post
Ummm, when I used Murphy's (only once) I think I was able to wash it up with liquid dish soap - for washing by hand not machine.
Ooh, what about Dawn? Strips diapers so well and is used to strip lanolin from raw wool, surely it would help your floors. Hope you have some resolution quickly - that sounds awful!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.