Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I'm new to cloth diapers and I'm using Bummis prefolds with covers. I wasn't using a Snappi until tonight b/c my friend gave me one. I hate it so far!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I try and snap the diaper closed for a more fitted... well fit you know and the sides are to far apart for a good close/ I have 2 issues. The side are to far apart and I don't feel safe using the Snappi if there isn't enough cloth over his between the Snappi and his skin. The other issue is that once I get a nice tight fit his butt crack is seen at the back of the diaper. I don't like this fit b/c if he poops,well you know what will happen.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>He's 14 pounds and the prefolds are small. I think I need the next size but Bummis gave me smalls and said they are good until 20 pounds and the next size will be to big right now.</p>

·
Registered
366 Posts
<p>Most infant pfs go to 15lbs.  I would highly suggest getting pfs from <a href="http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/diapers.htm#prefolds" target="_blank">GMD</a> in the red edge.  I can still get my 20mo old, 27lber in the red edges :)  You can buy them used which will save you a little money.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>HTHs</p>

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>I got Bummis b/c they help low income mamas with a great deal. I haven't seen any used GMD's at all for sale locally and I'm not able to shop on line right now.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is there a fold that works really well the the Snappi? How much prefold should it be grasping and do you grasp with the middle tooth thing as well?</p>

·
Registered
366 Posts
<p>Well, you can always tri-fold them into the cover, instead of snappi-ing them, kwim?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Or check out this link</p>
<p><a href="http://www.google.com/images?q=prefold+%2B+snappi&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=615" target="_blank">http://www.google.com/images?q=prefold+%2B+snappi&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=615</a></p>
<p> </p>
<p>Does that help?</p>

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
<p>I had the same problem with the Snappi but then I got a toddler sized one and it was great!  I don't know how other people use the smaller size, I never got it to fit without gaps.</p>
<p>On the prefolds, get the next size up and fold down the front.  It works great and for a boy you will get the extra thickness right where you need it.</p>
<p>I fold down the front and then bring the sides of the prefold (not folded down) around to the front on top of it and snappi.  It stays put and contains pretty much everything!</p>

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<p>Thanks those posts do help. I think I just have to try a few new things. I was doing the newspaper/liquid poop fold and it doesn't work well with the Snappi. It might if I use a bigger one or a bigger prefold though.</p>

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
<p>I use the angel wing fold, maybe you could try that?</p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts