Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ex is dragging his feet about getting paycheck stubs to the attorneys. A minute order was entered by the judge on the 23rd of June. Once he finally gets around to providing income, does he have to by back support retroactive to the 23rd? What have you all's experiences been with support during the divorce?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
In my state yes. I filed on June 2, 2010, and there have been a few different temporary support orders. Once there is a "final" order, then the final amount will be retro-active to June 2, 2010 - and now its July of 2011, so it will be at least a year. My ex will be given credit for the amount already paid, of course, but he will owe a pretty significant amount.

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Here it was retroactive to our first court hearing. Ex dragged his feet for months after that hearing, thinking he could get out of paying for a little bit. In reality, when he finally got the paperwork in he was in arrears quite a bit and they just took extra out of his paycheck until that was all paid off. He was quite pissed when he learned that he couldn't play the system like he wanted to
wink1.gif

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suspect my ex is going to be pissed too. He's been on this massive ego/power trip deal where he thinks he going to punish me for filing for divorce, or something. Cussing and flinging stuff at me in front of the kids. I'm going to call the lawyer tomorrow. Again. And talk about if I should file a restraining order or not.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
It was retroactive from the first court date for child support but not alimony. I am still getting temporary support so I don't know if perminant support will be retroactive if it is more. I've not been paid the back support yet though.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Retro active to first hearing but I've been waiting 4 full years to see a penny. It is a huge sum of arrears and the state keeps telling me they can't find any income or resources for him. Yeah, I know! At the very least, since my divorce is still not finalized, we have now been officially married for 10 years which means I am eligible for his social security if he were to become disabled. One can hope ya know?!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Mine will be retroactive to the date my complaint for custody and support was filed. Which I'm glad, because I filed in December and still haven't had a court date yet.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avani View Post

At the very least, since my divorce is still not finalized, we have now been officially married for 10 years which means I am eligible for his social security if he were to become disabled. One can hope ya know?!
Oh man. Although, I was under the impression that child support would come out of any social security checks, regardless of how long you were married? Not that he'll ever be eligible for regular social security b/c he only works under the table.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.