Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I have 4 yo twin girls with a ridiculous number of cavities. I got a lot of helpful info from the curing cavities with nutrition thread. Thank you for that wealth of knowledge! I have found a farm nearby that sells raw dairy products. We plan to go visit soon. I also have bought some cod liver oil. My girls despise the taste of it. Does anyone have any tips on how to get it in them? I'm not sure how I can disguise it.
Thanks,
Stacey

·
Registered
402 Posts
My kids (3.5 and 16 mo.) don't particularily like it yet, but they don't absolutely abhor it anymore either. I know it's not the high-vitamin stuff, but I took another momma's advice and got the Nordic Naturals kids strawberry-flavored gel capsule things, then I acted super excited and decided to call them pops and point out how when they bit into them they exploded (LOL)... my 16 mo. totally loves them and kept asking for more. My 3.5 yr old, was a little more apprehensive, but then started liking them more too. Now I'm doing the same thing, but in liquid form (we ran out of the gels) - I'm hoping to work them through this bottle and then get some of the high vitamin kind.

As a side note, I took the gels with us camping with dh's whole family (30+kids), and I had a few little cousins begging me for them (the ones that wouldn't touch anything healthy if their life depended on it).... I thought that was pretty funny.

HTH,
Sarah

·
Registered
9,053 Posts
Try a small amount of juice or lemonade and have them take quickly like shot. Gradually reduce it til they get used to it.

Yeah, all Nordic Naturals CLO versions taste really good but they are deficient in vitamins.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for the suggestions. my girls are super sensitive and just abhor the taste. i'm going to back off for a little while and try again in a month or so. my 18-month old is fine with clo. she doesn't mind it. my dr. also recommended lactobacillus reuteri (a probiotic). anyone else heard of that helping prevent decay? it's a powder and easy to hide

thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.