Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so hubby & I have officially decided that this is it and that we are going our separate ways... right now I am only working weekends as I have been staying at home with ds during the week... I am also a full time student and finishing up my last year of school... My job is straight commission and it is not necessarily steady pay... some times I make $40 an hour, today I made 4.50... but I would like to work as little as possible so I still have plenty of time with DS...

stbx had agreed to $250 a month in child support which seems low compared to his income, but due to some issues I do not want this to end up in court, and am agreeing to this for now...

I do not currently drive,although my mother signed a car over to me on friday that I just have to have fixed up.... this greatly affects my decision...

so yeah there is a back story for ya...

anyway, there is this apartment building right across from campus, that would allow me to walk to class in 2 minutes... it is a converted hotel, so it is just studio apartments at about 300-400 sq feet... the apartments are between $460 & $525... all utilities included, even phone and cable (which I don't really care for)... theres a pool, a fitness center, a movie theater... and more in the building.. and the bus runs right by the front of the center... at this price I could easily meet this rent working part time for minimum wage... so i am petty sure I would be easily able to make the rent...

We would be within walking distance of 2 parks and the campus which has a field in the middle, so even though there is no yard ds could still get fresh air...

it is just me and ds who is just 3 months old... I will only be in this town 1 more year and was already looking to purge many of my belongings... I guess what I am asking is do you think this is livable for a year? will it ibe too unfair to the other residents to have a baby living where the apartments are that close? Most of the residents are college students, so I figure they will be up a lot anyway though...

help me out mommas!!

Please?

· Registered
1,342 Posts
I'm a small-apartment kind of person; I'd have no problem with a studio for me and an infant. We lived in one for all intents and purposes when she was around 8 months old, and we've had nothing but small studios or one-bedroom until very recently.

If it works for you I think it's definitely do-able.

· Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks so much for the input! I was pretty much decided and just wanted to hear other mommas experienced...

By the way, Louisa is GORGEOUS!!!

· Registered
2,177 Posts
i wouldn't worry about other residents. that's not your responsibility. babies cry. end of story!

i'm considering studios with my 5yo which will be crappy but it's better than living in a shelter (and WAY better than living with my mom). with an infant i'd go for it in a second. save your $$ for where it's more needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.