Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not a huge fan of deep fried foods, but my dd and dh both miss them on occasion. Things like sweet and sour tofu and batter dipped veggie fritters. My SIL was visiting from India and got to work to convert some recipes for us. I just made sweet and sour tofu with batter fried tofu! I also batter dipped some veggies with the left over batter and they were yummy!<br><br>
Basically take about 1/2 cup of white rice flour, mix in oil until it makes a paste like play doh. Wisk water in to make a smooth batter like pancake batter consistency. Dip and fry. The "plain" version is okay if you serve it with rice and sauce. If you want to eat it by itself you need to add salt and spices to the batter. ETA: My favorite so far is "tofu nuggets", made with chunks of extra firm tofu (pat it dry), and add salt, pepper, and cumin seeds to the batter. YUM!

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Cool! Thanks for posting that!! We also don't do fried foods very often but every once in a while it's nice to have some crunchy fried stuff as a treat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts