Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend's wife was recently diagnosed as gluten sensitive, and so they are trying to avoid gluten, at leat at home. However, my friend is allergic and/or sensitive to most nuts, esp. almonds, peanuts, and cashews! I am trying to find them a good cookbook, but am at a loss. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Baby Cakes is the best I've found for things like pastries, cookies, banana bread etc. It's a famous vegan NYC bakery that is nut & gluten free as well as eggs and dairy. We love it! Even my non allergy/vegan friends.<br><br>
Bob's Red Mill has a website and makes a lot of GF products and flours. They have a general GF flour as well as a GF bread mix that is pretty good.<br><br>
Additionally, there is the Gluten Free Gourmet series by Bette Hagman. I'm not sure if they are nut free though.<br><br>
There are a lot of resources for this type of thing if you look around. Try some of the allergy free cookbooks or simply eliminate nuts from recipes and sub GF flours. If you are not eliminating dairy & eggs, most recipes will notice no significant difference.<br><br>
Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts