Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any recs for gf personal care products - toothpaste, shampoo, etc?<br>
also, does anyone know if weleda and toms of maine are generally gf?<br>
thanks!<br>
oh, and if you are exposed to gluten after going gluten free, how long does it usually affect you?

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I'm not sure on either weleda or ToM, but usually they will sa of the package if they are...well, not always. It's best to call the company in question. Unfortunately, a lot of the natural health care products use stuff like wheat germ in them , so you have to really shop around. I *believe* that Nature's Gate's toothpaste is GF. Many regular haircare products like suave are fine, but always check, because even they will add wheat germ to shampoos...does <a href="http://www.celiac.com" target="_blank">www.celiac.com</a> have a list?<br><br>
DD's physical reactions tend to last 48ish hours, but her behavioral reactions are at least a week...hers have gotten better (less severe) over time, tho she's still quite sensitive...I think reactions are individual. HTH!

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
We use mostly Desert Essence because they are clearly labeled so I don't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, ladies! celiac.com actually seems to just market one specific line of products, but maybe i'm missing something else. then i read things that say gluten is way too big to pass through skin externally, so don't bother with the GF stuff. toothpaste is obviously a priority either way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts