Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some cool gift ideas for my 7yr old.. No Barbies, babies, Bratz, Polly Pockets etc... She has a ton of these except Bratz which are forbidden in our house..I am at a loss. I need something I can get by Saturday. Any ideas would be welcome just kinda lost on it this year. We did all board games at Christmas so that is out. She isn't in to puzzles. Just something fun and unique would be good.
TIA

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Art supplies?
Crafting kit or basket that you put together?
"Spa" items (scented lotion, bath salts/bubbles, nail polish, hair accessories, etc.)?
New things for her room (sheets, pictures, throw pillows, decorations)?
Books?
Clothes?
Gift card to a store that comes with a promise of a fun day shopping there with mom and going to lunch?

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
My dd1 turned 7 this week, too. Her favorite gifts were books (she's a huge reader), a Nintendo DS (big gift from grandparents), and some neat science kits.

What about tickets for an upcoming play or movie? Or something new to use on a summer camping trip?

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
What about one of those kits where you have caterpillars that grow into butterflies?

Kids' cookbooks and a cooking kit (with pans, an apron, etc.)

A guitar. You can get a First Act kids' guitar pretty cheap. And a book that shows how to do the chords.

A potholder-making kit, with a loom and the little loops.

Binoculars and a book about birds/bird watching.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Love the butterfly kit! That is perfect. She is hooked on Junie B so will add to her collection. My mind went totally blank..Oh and we are going to go see the Hannah Montana movie on Friday

·
Registered
8,777 Posts
When I was a little girl, I loved Legos. Though, I was considered a somewhat strange little girl, so YMMV.

·
Registered
556 Posts
My dd is turning 7 tomorrow.
: She is getting:

a book of science experiments
a geology kit complete with rocks
a kit which has barbie size dresses in it that you decorate with various trims and stuff
new sand toys
a bat and wiffle ball
clothes
tinkertoys
calico corner critters
a pet doctor kit that has a puppy and stuff to help the puppy get better

Grandma gave her a portable dvd player, and her aunt gave her an iron on transfer kit, and her other grandma gave her books.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
My DD will turn 7 in June.....her favorite gift for Christmas was her CD player and for her birthday she is asking for a camera.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the great ideas..I markers, more sketch pads, a kit to make bed bracelets, pipe cleaners kit to make animals etc, stencils, a book on the solar system and a basket to keep all her art stuff in. I couldn't wait till her party today so I gave it to her last night. She loved everything. I think I over think the whole gift giving thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.