Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're headed to a birthday party this weekend for my DD's friend and want to get her something fun and a bit unusual but obviously something that she will love. She's a devoted animal lover, animals of ALL sorts.

I always like to give books and will probably get her a few Slinky Malinki books, and possibly James Herriot's Treasury For Children. But I would like to give a little something more.

Any ideas? Anything your animal loving child would want desperately? Any really neat animal puzzles or activities books or games of any sort?

TIA!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Well my son has LOVED animals since he was about 4. He is now 7 and STILL plays with the plastic animals he's collected. He has an Animal Life book (like an encyclopedia) he reads and I also get to read to him as a bed time story sometimes. lol

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
I don't think you can make delivery happen before the weekend, but the World Wildlife Fund has a gift catalogue. I believe that if you make a donation and adopt a species, you get a certificate and photo or stuffed animal, depending on how much you donate. It could be a nice group gift if other friends want to participate.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
I'd get her a cool playmobil set. Their animals are great and their sets come with lots of extras. Perfect for a 4yo.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Folkmanis puppets are really great too - nice quality, lots of realism to them, variety in size too (really cute finger puppet selection).

Our dd has really loved the playmobil veterinarian playsets. If you have nature centers that help support themselves with gift shops (or museums) they might have other good options easily available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.