Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't remember if this was already posted before so apologies if it has!<br><br>
Are you getting your midwife, doula, care provider, support person, etc a thank you gift?<br><br>
My last m/w appointment is coming up on Monday (this makes me sad!) and I'd like to get her something. At first I watned to order a really cute pregnant mamma ornament from etsy but never got around to it. NOw I'm thinking of making her an sun catcher ornament from some copper wire and some glass beads in the shape of a pregnant momma's profile. I'll also be making one for my doula.<br><br>
What if anything are you doing?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am a doula! I never expect to get anything, however, these are some things I recieved that I truly appreciated: certificate for a massage (these women likely put in a lot of hours on their feet or in uncomfortable positions all night massaging you!), Anything handmade, depending on skills of the maker (ive had hand knitted items, jewelry, and batches of cookies or bread), books or book certificate (we birth professionals are always looking to grow our collection of birth/breastfeeding books!) and, probably better than anything else, cards and notes of thanks! these are often so touching and filled with gratitude, I keep every single one of mine, all of them!

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
I gave gifts to my MW and her assistant. To the MW I gave a DVD documentary of a broadway show (she's really into dance and musical theater) and her assistant commented on a book on my bookshelf at the home visit, so I got that book for her.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
First time I gave my midwife a framed poem with a sketch in the background. Second time I had a midwife and a doula and I made scrapbooks (for them to put their own pictures in). This time I had a planned hospital birth w/o a midwife or doula, so no gifts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts