Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH and I usually get gift cards for the parents for the holidays, ($40 each) then get the two couples restaurant gift cards, as well. Total is about $105/couple. Things are tight right now and I'd like to pair that down a bit without looking cheap. So, last night I got my mom and mil each a cookbook by their favorite author for about $25 a piece and I'm making the couples each a calendar of pictures of our family from the last year. But there needs to be more. I don't know what else to get them and I have no time to really make anything. Ideas? Suggestions? My mil is redoing her dining room so I thought maybe some new placemats, but my mom is really difficult and she definitely expects a certain amount to be spent.
TIA!!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Maybe this is the year you give up the idea of monetary value?I know that can be very hard but really a thoughtful gift is enough.And don't forget it's a gift not an obligation.

I think what you're planning is a really nice gift.If you would like to add to it though you could put together a gift basket with some of the ingredients for a recipe from the cook book.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.