Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're visiting Gillette right now, considering a move here. I've looked a little for some things, but I thought I'd ask here too in case anyone in the are is lurking on this board. How is the homeschooling climate? Is there a place to get natural foods, etc. Is there a non-vax friendly doctor for the kiddos. Where is the closest Naturopath?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I am in Casper... So I can tell you a lot about here... I know that there used to be a homeschool group in Gillette that met at the library. But that was about 4 years ago so I don't know if they still do. As far as homeschooling in Wyoming in general- its an easy state to do so. The government leaves us alone which is nice.
There are a few novax friendly doctors here in Casper that we have been happy with. I think Casper has a much more family appeal to it than Gillette but thats just mpo.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Our family is moving to Gillette in May 09 & we have heard that it is slowly becoming more & more family friendly. We visited last year & accepted a job. I felt a little sad that the town seemed to be centered around a giant stupid wal-mart, but I am encouraged that we found a local midwife & I joined a meetup group of Gillette moms. I'm interested in everything you mentioned - good ped. esp - so let me know if you hear anything promising & I will do the same. Good luck in your decision!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, we're not moving there. I am relieved, to tell you the truth. I would miss Alaska so much! It was a nice trip though. I'd never been further East than Billings, MT before and we got to drive to visit Mt. Rushmore and Devil's tower, so that was really fun and made the trip worthwhile.

I did find out some things from the woman that runs the health food store (down the same road as Wal Mart, when heading out of town it's on the right hand side in a white building at an intersection with a light. sorry, I can't remember the name of the store, I just happened to see it when I was driving by). She had a lot of helpful info about the things I asked. You should definitely stop in and ask when you get to town.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.