Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a great deal on ginger root...99 cents for a decent size bag from Grocery outlet. I usually use it in stir frys, etc, but in small quantities. Now i have all this ginger and i don't want to waste it!

Gingerbread? How do i make this with actual ginger? I am only assuming this is possible....hahaha, only seems right that gingerbread can actually contain FRESH ginger :p

Tia!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Don't worry about wasting it! Put it in a ziploc and store it in the freezer. Then whenever you need it, you can just grate off what you need. I store ours in there indefinitely, and it always tastes just as good as fresh. Voila! Fresh ginger whenever you want it! As an added bonus, I find it's much easier to grate when it's frozen because it doesn't get all stringy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I like to make ginger tea with it. I'll either just steep the ginger root in a pot of tea or sometimes i simmer on the stove for a while if I want a stronger tea. I don't have a recipe for gingerbread with real ginger but i'm sure you could just grate in in there to replace the ginger powder..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.