Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
I can't get over the fact that the article never mentioned DIMINISHED OR LACK OF SEXUAL PLEASURE under their list of complications. Like that wasn't important.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
4!? 4!? I realize that it is sick and barbaric to inflict this on anyone of any age, but my little girl is 4. As she runs around in front of me as I type this the thought of someone hurting her like that makes me sick to my stomach.

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Sadly, lack of sexual pleasure is the biggest reason it is done. They think they can keep their girls virgins and more suitable for marriage if they don't have any sexual experiences so they mutilate the main source of sexual pleasure. I don't agree with any form of circumcision but for girls it's just sick.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
I have no words. I cannot imagine how even tradition would compel a mother to let someone mutilate and torture her child, risking her life. Disgusting and barbaric. Five years in prison as a consequence is not enough.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beckula View Post
I can't get over the fact that the article never mentioned DIMINISHED OR LACK OF SEXUAL PLEASURE under their list of complications. Like that wasn't important.
I don't think that is a complication though, I think that is intended.

·
Registered
729 Posts
On the positive side, they are actually investigating and arresting and, hopefully, will prosecute the people involved. In other countries where this is a practice, it is generally "overlooked" when something like this happens. So it's a step in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by angelpie545 View Post
I have no words. I cannot imagine how even tradition would compel a mother to let someone mutilate and torture her child, risking her life. Disgusting and barbaric. Five years in prison as a consequence is not enough.
I agree! Something needs to wake these ppl up! 5ys is a slap on the wrist. Its not a consequence that'll fear them away from mutilating girls.

The best way to change society is to publicize within the media. Look how the conditioning of our culture started! Education is key.

This is a horrific tragedy. I'll bet dollars and donuts the men of that country will find the HIV/circ excuse to continue this atrocity. It'll be a convenient "fix" in their ill-informed minds to say "Don't circumcise me, I'm keeping my toys! Its HER thats the problem!"

: I pray that it never comes to that.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
i woulkdnt let some 80yo woman near my kids genitals with something sharp, boy or girl...nothing against 80+yr old people but most of them, their eyesight is at least a little off...

: i feel soo badly for them, i mean, yeah thats the point in a lot of this, so they wont have sexual pleasure..i mean some women still can, depending on what was done to them, but taking it this far, they most likely cant and thats just sad that someone woukld want all this done to their child/wife! but doing it this way and so crudely and on such youing kids is so horrible!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.