Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We both like Penelope Anne Rose. Mark likes it a lot. He's pretty much set on Penelope.

When I brought it up on here one poster said this:

"I like Penelope because Penelope had to spend a long time waiting for Ulysses to come home from Trojan War, and it seems sort of appropriate given that your DH is deployed right now that there would be a little Penelope waiting for him to return also...."

That's one of the reasons why I like it. He totally digs Homer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,871 Posts
That's cute!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
877 Posts
That's such a good story behind a name. I want a boys name with a good meaning behind it like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,212 Posts
Like the name and the story behind it. Will you call her Penny? or just Penelope?

Take care,

Jen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by momoftworedheads View Post
Like the name and the story behind it. Will you call her Penny? or just Penelope?

Take care,

Jen
I'm not sure on Penny. I think we'll call her Poppy (nickname for Penelope and other P girl names). When she's older we may call her Penelope, but I don't know. We call DD2 Evey. We rarely call her Evangeline.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,434 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Semper Gumby View Post
I'm not sure on Penny. I think we'll call her Poppy (nickname for Penelope and other P girl names). When she's older we may call her Penelope, but I don't know. We call DD2 Evey. We rarely call her Evangeline.

I LOVE the nickname Poppy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,565 Posts
That's really cute! We have NO names. We may end up naming the baby Optimus Prime at this rate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa_nc View Post
That's really cute! We have NO names. We may end up naming the baby Optimus Prime at this rate.
6 months down! Yay! Still 6 more to go? I can't believe you're 7 months already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa_nc View Post
6-10 left to go. Ugh. How about you?
Yuck!
He's getting R&R? We're assuming 8 months to go, but maybe 10. He thinks they'll get extended after the point where they'd get R&R.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,565 Posts
Yes, he's taking his R&R in October. It seems like FOREVER!! These long ones blow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,930 Posts
Great name Semper. I thought you two were talking about how long you had left to be preggo and I was like..whoa, they can't count LOL

Hoping both of your loves come home safely...
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top