Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Avery Sharon

Votes: 23 29.5%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be the first of many, I'm sure. Sarah would be called Sadie, Catherine would be called Kate, Jennifer would be called Jenny. We have an ordinary English last name with two syllables, accent on the first syllable.

·
Registered
726 Posts
okay, i have to respond because my name IS jennifer catherine, heh. it's a good name, and i would like it well enough except for the fact that ever since the second grade, there have been at least two other jennifers wherever i go. right now, i work in a place where two of the three other people are named jennifer. we call each other by our last names. i don't go by jenny because i feel like it's dimunitive and i want to be taken seriously, but a lot of my friends now call me jen. please, mothers of the world, don't name your children jennifer! it's still number 20 or something.

i really like avery. maybe avery catherine...

good luck! we're still 4 months away from this decision and quite lost about it.

opinionatedly,

jennifer

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Um, Sarah and Katherine (that spelling) are currently MUCH more popular than Jennifer! There are also scads of Kaitlyns (various spellings) many of whom are called Kate. So if you want to avoid a popular name, you'll have to go with Avery.

Personally, I don't like Avery (sounds like a boy's name) and I voted for Jennifer Catherine. I think Jenny is one of the nicest of girl nicknames.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I love Sarah Catherine. Both lovely names. I can't quite grasp Avery for a girl because I know two Avery's and they are both boys/men. I think it is a good name just always reminds me of a boy...

Cheryl

·
Registered
91 Posts
Of the choices, you listed, I chose Sarah Catherine, but I do really like Avery Catherine. I just don't like the name Sharon.

My 8yo dd's name is Kailey Nicole and a couple years ago, she decided to change her name to Sarah!! I don't know why, (she doesn't even KNOW anybody named Sarah) but she would sign her school papers, pictures and notes to me with the name Sarah. She still uses it somedays.

However, I just asked which name she liked better and she wants to put her vote in for Avery.

If we somehow have a girl next month, which is HIGHLY unlikely, she will be named Riley Kathryn. My dm is Kathryn and she is awesome.

Good Luck
TreriKay

·
Registered
825 Posts
I voted for Avery, but would've voted Catherine, if you intended to call her Catherine. It such a beautiful name! I think Kate, Katie, Kateyn, are harsh sounding, and incomplete. The full name Catherine wonderful!

·
Registered
945 Posts
I'd pick Sarah Catherine. I love Sarah, but Sadie, that name just completely warms my heart (association with a great little girl I know)...it's just so perfect. (If it sounded better with our ln, I'd use it too
)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Although it's a lovely name, Jennifer is one of those most used names eVER. Just look how many MDC mamas have that name! I voted for Avery

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by girlfactory
Although it's a lovely name, Jennifer is one of those most used names eVER. Just look how many MDC mamas have that name! I voted for Avery

I know a lot of MOMS that are named Jennifer..but I don't know of any children that are Jennifer. I know tons of Catherine's, Sarahs, and two Avery's (one male, one female) that are under the age of 8.

So I would vote for Jennifer, that is one of the names I wanted if I was having a girl!

Caroline

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.