Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD weaned when my milk dried up a few months ago (preg. related). It was a bit devestating... I'd planned on CLWing with her, and while she DID wean herself, I know it was my "fault" because my milk dried up.

So, when this baby comes, if I pump and give DD a cup of milk, will it still be beneficial?

I've given up hope that DD will nurse again, but I had (and probably will have) oversupply issues, so I'll have plenty to share.

·
Registered
195 Posts
This was exactly our situation. I give my oldest breastmilk in a cup whenever she asks and she loves it. I think she enjoys knowing she is still welcome to it, makes the addition of a new baby easier for her. I love that she is getting all the benefits of it once again, especially in cold and flu season.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by riaketty View Post
So, when this baby comes, if I pump and give DD a cup of milk, will it still be beneficial?
Yup! It has all the good ingredients that are growing and protecting baby - older kids benefit too! Do you think your DD might want to nurse again?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by PatioGardener View Post
Yup! It has all the good ingredients that are growing and protecting baby - older kids benefit too! Do you think your DD might want to nurse again?
Unfortunately, I don't think DD will come back to the breast... it's been months and she's such an independent child. I'm definately going to try... and who knows, maybe if she sees the baby nursing, she'll want to come back! But I'm really not holding my breath about it.

Once I started noticing colustrum leakeage, I tried to get her interested... you know, pulled up the shirt, cradled her, etc. She poked at my boob a few times and then scrambled down to go play.

But if milk in a cup will give her benefits still, I'm ALL over that!
:

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by riaketty View Post
Once I started noticing colustrum leakeage, I tried to get her interested... you know, pulled up the shirt, cradled her, etc. She poked at my boob a few times and then scrambled down to go play.

She's lucky to have a mom who will express and feed her milk in a cup!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.