Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I am having Dh give Ds a bottle of my milk for the first time tonight. I want him to be able to take the bottle from time to time. My parents and MIL are all visiting this summer and they want to give us some time to go to dinner or something...and I want to take them up on it!<br><br>
By the way, Ds will be 8 weeks tomorrow and I seem to have a pretty decent let down and a pretty good supply as well. We have 0-3month nipples and 3-6 month. I was thinking of using the 3-6 month because he is a REALLY big boy and I think he can handle it.<br><br>
Any advise would be helpful!<br>
Amy

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Id use the slowest flowing nipples because IF he takes a liking to the faster easier flow, you are gonna have a hard time trying to fix that.

·
Registered
854 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">Id use the slowest flowing nipples because IF he takes a liking to the faster easier flow, you are gonna have a hard time trying to fix that.</td>
</tr></table></div>
I totally agree. Nursing mammas should use the smallest nipples for as long as they can.<br>
With DD I used 0-3 months the hole time she was on bottles, untill 16 months.<br>
(I went back to school at 4 months pp, she had EBM bottles and nursed untill 11 months)<br>
Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, thanks for telling me that about the nipples, y'all. I wouldn't have thought that. I will give him 0-3 month nipples then.<br><br>
Anymore advise...keep it coming!<br><br><br>
Amy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts