Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 8 week old little girl, and I've stumbled accross the mothering MB when looking to talk to other moms about breastfeeding n stuff. Well I noticed a lot of the moms had this:
or
in their signature. I guess like most people, I didn't think that there was anything wrong with circumcision, so I wanted to find out for myself why some of you are against it and I read up on it. And, OMG, I am just, in shock!
I just can't believe whats being done so routinely to helpless little newborn baby boys. I know that parents allow it to happen to their boys without a single thought, because doctors don't educate them about the harm that it can do...why is this going on in America??? Anyway, I plan on having more children with my SO. Chances are I will have a boy one day, and he will certainly NOT be circumcised.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Yay! Welcome, mika! I'm so glad you were able to read the facts about circumcision and come to this conclusion. Now, it's like a chain letter- "share this information with 5 more people!"

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Quote:
Mika says: why is this going on in America???
Circumcision is a multi-billion dollar business based on old myths and outright lies. It is so entrenched in our American culture now that it is rarely even questioned anymore by parents. Parents who attempt to research it first, are the ones who protect their sons from it. There is also a huge educational effort going on in our country to try to reach parents who aren't actively researching it. Forced infant genital cutting is a barbaric practice. Have you seen the video or transcript yet? It speaks volumes.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read the transcript first and attempted to watch the video, but I had to stop, it was just too much for me to handle.
My heart is broken. I just can't let that happen to my little boy.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Mika -

I researched circumcision when I was pregnant with DD (before I knew she was female) and was just as horrified as you are. I figured it couldn't be that big of a deal since it is so common. Boy was I wrong. RIC actually infuriates me now.

Anyway, just wanted to say that now that I am pregnant with a boy so, just like you said, anything you learn now can definitely come in handy when you get pregnant again!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hi Mika and welcome! I'm new here as well. Unfortunately I learned after the fact about circ'ing. So I truly truly regret having my son circ'ed! If we ever have another boy... he'll remain intact!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mika85
I read the transcript first and attempted to watch the video, but I had to stop, it was just too much for me to handle.
My heart is broken. I just can't let that happen to my little boy.
THANK-GOODENSS you can't! That right there says so much about your character. You have lucky babes(babes to be included
)

It breaks my heart when Mommas watch the video and still go through with it because "he won't remember it" or "dh really wants it done".

I'm glad you stumbled upon us

Take care,
Tara

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.