Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cousin who will be going back to work 6 weeks PP, but is determined to pump (and nurse at night) for the first year, and wants to use glass bottles. I know I've seen links before, but can't remember where. I also saw once a rubbery sleeve that you could fit over the bottle to help cushion it from hard surfaces. Anyone have a source for either of these? TIA!

· Premium Member
3,785 Posts
Yep, there are lots of options! We'll be using them too, I think. I've yet to decide if I want to go with glass or BPA free plastic. I WOH three days a week, so we've got to use something. Now with my last two, they decided what bottles they would take, so I might buy a couple of a couple different kinds, and see what baby takes. No since stocking up, then having babe refuse them (which happened with DS).

· Registered
5,852 Posts
I also used to buy those little tiny bottles of Earth's Best Juice and either drink the juice myself or dump it out- the nipples screw right on, and they're nice and tiny for small feedings (maybe 3-4 oz).

· Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry to bump from so long ago, but just had to thank y'all once again for great answers. I had no idea glass bottles were still so widely available! That's a great idea to reuse the juice bottles too, bri. thanks. also, sharon, those are exactly what I was talking about. I'll def. forward the links.

· Registered
6,792 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bri276 View Post
I also used to buy those little tiny bottles of Earth's Best Juice and either drink the juice myself or dump it out- the nipples screw right on, and they're nice and tiny for small feedings (maybe 3-4 oz).
Awesome idea!

· Registered
73 Posts
Yep I used the Evenflo glass bottles too. They are the cheapest and worked fine. I saved them to use with this baby. I tested them by dropping them and stuff and I never broke one. However... that was in my old house that had laminate countertops and wood floors in the kitchen. This house has granite counters and ceramic tile floor in the kitchen. I have broken a lot of stuff since moving here...

I usually just pumped into the bottles that came with the pump, but everything screwed on the glass bottles too with no trouble, so I did use those sometimes.

One other thing to note about glass is that it's harder for the baby to feed himself a bottle, if you want him to do that, because it's heavier. During the time he drank bottles my DS never held his own bottle. But I didn't care about that. (Although the daycare may have minded!)

· Registered
6,771 Posts
I just wanted to add, I pump at work, and I use the evenflo 4 ounce bottles. The evenflo and dr browns fit right on the pump, and that means less bottle washing.

You can also get sealing disks that will allow you to use the bottle rings as tops.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.