Mothering Forum banner

Is global warming happening?

• Yes - GW is happening, but we still have plenty of time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - After a period of heat there will be another ice age.

• I'm on the fence because of contradictory claims.

• Other (please explain).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. We went and saw Al Gore's movie "An Inconvenient Truth" on Friday. At church today dh brought it up and everyone dismissed it because it was made by AG (I'm not a big fan of him myself being a Libertarian, but I must admit that I like him better after having seen this movie). I think people just hear what they want to hear and those who already believe in global warming will see the movie as proof and those who don't believe in it will just see it as overblown propaganda whether it is or not.

I really haven't looked into the issue much
: so I was on the fence with an open mind when we saw it. I'm a believer now. So... what do you think? Especially those of you who HAVE researched and looked into it. I would appreciate hearing your reasons too and articles and such.

Thank you!

love and peace.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I voted and then looked at the poll results. "OMG" I thought, "100% believe it's happening and we need to do something now!" I had just read an article locally that said something like 18% of Americans think this so I was impressed that MDC pollers thought otherwise.

Then I looked at the sample size.
It was just me...

Not that this is a funny subject...we have not seen the movie and probably won't until it's out on video if at all. As far as articles and research and stuff, I don't have those readily available. I do remember reading the montreal protocol at one point and we took courses in college (DH has masters in wild life biology) and had benefits in high school. I guess we've just known all our life that things are outta wack. We are just concerned now with doing all we can to counteract was has already been done (not just stop doing harmful things but undoing, redoing...). And if we are wrong, well no harm done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts