Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not buying the prepackaged birth kit because I have a lot of stuff already...<br><br>
But can I just buy the gloves locally? I need latex free non powder gloves (it says 6 pairs but I have to just buy a box, lol) and sterile sterile nitrile exam gloves... Can I buy them at Wal-Mart?<br><br>
Also, do you ladies use the actual underpads or do you use puppy pads? I need 30x30 but a pack of 20 is $16 plus shipping... I'm frugal.. LOL.<br><br>
Thanks ladies!<br><br>
ETA: what about the born at home birth certificate...?

·
Registered
459 Posts
You can find the gloves at a local pharmacy, like CVS. HTH.<br><br>
I'm curious about the Born at Home birth certificates too....

·
Registered
857 Posts
Underpads should also be at your local pharmacy. I got mine at Walgreens. They're way too bulky to ship for a decent price!<br><br>
For the birth certificate, your midwife should be able to tell you what your state procedure is. I had to mail off for a form from my state's Department of Health and Senior Services. Some people have a state office they can go to. It varies a lot.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I'm guessing the born at home bc is just a nice memento -- maybe with a space to put footprints? You could make your own.<br><br>
It is hard to see from the descriptions you have put up, but I am guessing that the first gloves are sterile pairs, which would be hard to get at a local pharmacy. You might try inhishands.com, which sells a lot of birth kit items as singles. The non-sterile exam gloves come by the box and you can get them at the pharmacy. I like the ones that they have at CVS. CVS probably also has the underpads, though puppy pads are a completely fine substitute.<br><br>
Good luck!

·
Registered
856 Posts
I got my supplies ala carte too. I live in a major city with medical supply companies and couldn't get the gloves locally. I ordered them off of birthwithlove.com. The woman is awesome and ships things at fair cost - she doesn't add a crazy markup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts