Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found gloves for a very small preschooler? The only ones I found were from LLBean, and will be almost $20 once tax is figured in. That's a tough sell when I can't guarantee she won't lose them!

Anyway, she's 3.5, but still very small. Her hands are 4" from the base of the palm to the tip of her middle finger.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I saw magic stretch gloves for toddlers this season at our local Shopko - kind of similar to a KMart. Not terribly warm, but they'll do for some activities - you can always double up, too. They fit DD, who is 2 1/4 and on the tall side. She'll only wear mittens, though.

Similar to these:
Amazon.com magic glove

If you can find locally, they're probably a $1 or 2 a pair.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pandora665 View Post
I saw magic stretch gloves for toddlers this season at our local Shopko - kind of similar to a KMart. Not terribly warm, but they'll do for some activities - you can always double up, too. They fit DD, who is 2 1/4 and on the tall side. She'll only wear mittens, though.

Similar to these:
Amazon.com magic glove

If you can find locally, they're probably a $1 or 2 a pair.

Good luck!
We bought these. They're good for just keeping the little hands warm. They work great for my 3 year old and my 17 month old.

We bought waterproof gloves for the 3 year old so he can pick up snow. We got these ones: http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___66146 The fingers are a little longer than his, but they work great!

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
We have similar ones for my 2 year old and 4 year old. They're a bit big for the 2 year old, but they stay on. We have bulkier waterproof mittens for if it snows, but they both like the gloves better. In fact, they're wearing them around the house right now.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow. My child must be miniscule! I bought Circo brand magic stretch gloves at Target and they're huge on her (even though they were labeled as being for toddlers)! I wonder if other brands would be smaller.

Can I ask a huge and dorky favor? Can someone measure theirs and compare to mine? Mine are 6" from the base of the glove (including elastic band) to the tip of the middle finger.

·
Premium Member
1,466 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by staceychev View Post
Wow. My child must be miniscule! I bought Circo brand magic stretch gloves at Target and they're huge on her (even though they were labeled as being for toddlers)! I wonder if other brands would be smaller.

Can I ask a huge and dorky favor? Can someone measure theirs and compare to mine? Mine are 6" from the base of the glove (including elastic band) to the tip of the middle finger.
These are the ones I have. They aren't the ones linked in the original post, my mistake! They are definitely smaller than the ones I've seen at the stores. The description says: "3 1/2 inches wide, 3 1/2 inches long" and they fit my 17 month old.
Hope that helps!

http://www.amazon.com/E4hats-Baby-Ma...9204522&sr=8-1

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by rebeccajo View Post
These are the ones I have. They aren't the ones linked in the original post, my mistake! They are definitely smaller than the ones I've seen at the stores. The description says: "3 1/2 inches wide, 3 1/2 inches long" and they fit my 17 month old.
Hope that helps!

http://www.amazon.com/E4hats-Baby-Ma...9204522&sr=8-1
Those are perfect! Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.