Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am supposed to take this test tommorrow in the am. Considering that I have never had a problem with this , I'm on my 6th pregnancy, and that I always get vilolently ill with this test, should I just refuse the test? I am showing no signs of Diabetes. In fact I have no appitite and have actually felt better than normal, haven't gained a ton of weight, only 14lbs. I read somewhere it can be bad news and I can't remember where. Dose any one have some insight on this?

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I've always refused the test. I've seen more problems from getting the test (in pregnant friends who had it done, got "borderline" results, and then were treated as high-risk for the rest of their pg & birth, and their babies had to deal with many more blood-draws and junk.) than in refusing it.
I'd definitely look into how to get it done "right", if you decide to go ahead with it.

·
Registered
11,369 Posts
Yep, helped me too - I've been refusing the test. My OB keeps trying to get me to take it but I keep telling him I'm not going to. I see no good reason to take it and it makes me ill as well. He's trying to insist because my last baby was 9 pounds, 4 ounces. But I've never had a problem with GD before, I have no history of Diabetes in my family, I'm not measuring overly large - yes my last son was big but he was also very healthy. Anyways, don't want to overtake your thread - but I am refusing the test as well.

Kitty

·
Registered
742 Posts
I wanted to refuse the test, but dh and my medwives convinced me to get it. I was "allowed" to eat real food, at home, instead of that awful-sounding drink in the doctor's office. I totally agree though - Henci Goer has some great information.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well I know this was days ago, but a friend of mine from another forum, didn't show any signs of it either, but then she took the test and it turned out that she did have it. So I guess it is just good to go with whatever makes you happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.