Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I will be new to cloth diapering and need your opinions please! I'm thinking about using mostly loveybums wool covers with gmd prefolds or workhorse diapers with snaps once our baby is a few months old. Do you recommend the prefolds or the workhorse w snaps? Is one more absorbent than the other? Is cost the biggest difference between the two? Which would fit under a Loveybums cover the best/provide the best coverage, least leaks?</p>
<p>I'm also concerned about blowouts on the wool cover since they are not as easy to wash. Any suggestions? Is this a problem or are they generally well contained? TIA!</p>

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
<p>Personally, I do not like Loveybums covers at all.  They are too trim for other diapers, they work best with their own diapers, and Loveybums diapers only fit up to 30lbs or so.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We like fuller covers like Sustainable Babyish (bought used off of Spots Corner), Disana, Aristocrats, etc.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>As far as which diapers...I'd just go with prefolds.  No elastic or velcro to wear out, each size lasts longer, pure cotton-no chance of reaction to other materials.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We have occasional blow-outs with our wool covers, especially when Charlie has been eating a lot of fruit.  They aren't really all that much work to wash.  I have a laundry bar (without lanolin) that I do the scrubbing with, then lanolize with Eucalan and pure lanolin.  They are dry in a day or so.</p>

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
<p>I'm not a big fan of loveybums either. I've tried a couple of their wraps and always have diaper poking through. My favorites are royal buns, wild child woolies, and sustainablebabyish. Sbish isn't making interlock but you can find them used.   As far as the diaper under it I think it's a personal preference. I love prefolds more then anything but find sometimes a fitted is nice. DD doesn't always love to get her diaper changed and I can just put one on standing up if need be. I find that my prefolds are more absorbant then my work horse fitteds. And fwiw I like the no closure better then the snaps for a more custom fit.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts