Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
I didn't think there were many insurance companies out there that did cover fertility treatment. Unfortunately they don't consider it "necessary" which burns my hide, but that's another post all together. Our insurance covers nothing as far as fertility treatment goes. I need meds due to low progesterone. I wanted to try Crinone, a prog. gel, first. Went to pick it up at the pharm. and the woman said, "That will be $198." I asked if my dr. had given me a 6 month supply or something. She says, "No, that's for 18 days" Holy crap!!!!
So, I bought it bc we wanted to ttc. You start taking the medicine when you ovulate and then if you get pg you have to take it until the 2nd trimester. So dh and I were looking at about $1,000 out of pocket for this stuff. But, it's worth it to us, kwim. Then, I go to the dr. for a follow-up visit and we were discussing the whole Chrinone vs. Clomid issue. I am enlightened with some info. that I didn't know when making the initial decision between the two meds. She says that I would have to take Clomid for 5 days and 5 days only even if I got pg. And she says that Clomid costs about $40 for that 5 day supply. Those two things would have been good to know before I made that $198 trip to the pharm. So, I took my Clomid this month and have about 9 days to wait to see if I am pg!! So, yeah, the insurance company is not on my top 10 list right now. This is a good post though to remind us to check this stuff out- ty.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.