Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all....<br><br>
Please don't flame me, but here's my situation. I have been exclusively pumping for my 7.5 month old DS since he was born, since we were having nursing issues. Until he was 6 months old he had only BM. THen I had to have my gall bladder out, it wasn't planned, it was more an unexpected situation that i didnt have time to plan for. My mom, who kept DS while I was in the hospital, had to use up all of my frozen supply. The hospital I was in kept telling me I couldnt use my milk,had to pump and dump for 24 hours after my surgery, etc. I was also very sick and on lots of pain meds for a few days. My supply ended up dropping a good ten ounces, and we have had to supplement with formula a few times since then. BUt its been making DS constipated, and I having trouble getting my supply back up(I'm in nursing school full time and my schedule doesnt always allow me time to pump). So, I thought I had read on here that you can give goat's milk,and i was wondering if it would be ok to give DS goat's milk on those days when I just can't get enough milk for him. It makes me sick to my stomach to have to give him the formula..if not the goat's milk, does anyone have any other suggestions? I am aware of all the benefits, etc of breastfeeding, and have all intentions of pumping for as long as I can past one year...I just need some help right now.....thanks!

·
Registered
192 Posts
You can make your own formula with goat's milk or cow's milk.<br>
Check out this webpage <a href="http://www.westonaprice.org/children/formula-faqs.html" target="_blank">http://www.westonaprice.org/children/formula-faqs.html</a>

·
Registered
244 Posts
I used goat milk for my ds when he was around that same age, he had the same prob with formula. We didn't know about making a formula so we just used plain goat's milk. I have read that it is the closest you can get to human milk so I would assume that it would be way better than formula.

·
Registered
551 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>gentle_mama04</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">I used goat milk for my ds when he was around that same age, he had the same prob with formula. We didn't know about making a formula so we just used plain goat's milk. I have read that it is the closest you can get to human milk so I would assume that it would be way better than formula.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
Ditto. We had a good experience with goats milk for DD as an infant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts