Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watch Food Network to get ideas for what to eat, what sounds good...

Yesterday she made a big taco salad that had shredded lettuce, diced onions, tomatoes, spiced hamburger meat, cheese, salsa...and CRUSHED DORITOS!!! My eyes glazed over at the thought of this delicious concoction. I packed ds up and off we went to the grocery to get a few things to make this work.

I made my meat with beans, too, added sour cream and put more cheese on there (in the interest of adding protein), got the natural nacho cheese Doritos...OH MY GAWSH...it was divine. Made up for the lack of calories my body let me ingest yesterday up until that point.

She puts a pat of butter on her spaghetti with meat sauce before she eats it, too. Never thought of that, but I must say my interest it piqued.

Anyone else a food network junkie?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
THANKS! THANKS A LOT!

I am now STARVING! And DB isnt up yet so guess i have to go in the kitchen and find food for myself-
:
Yes, i am spoiled by my man
: (not my fault-his cooking is delicious!)

Your post brings back the wonderful memories of the soup i had yesterday at the Cheescake Factory-Mexican Tortilla Soup. Let me tell you...I wait for Thursdays with such anticipation (thats the day the designated for the mexican tortilla).
Anyway, it is just so damn hearty! Full of rice and beans, and carrots and celery and chicken and cruncy tortilla strips on top, and when it goes down its got just the right touch of spice and just burns and HMMMMMMMM.
And now i have to wait til next thursday again!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Oh both of those sound yummy. I have been trying to think what to make for dinner tonight. Ihave had pizza two nights in a row. I am trying not to go out and get pizza, just have it here. But I am so wanting hawaiian pizza. But now I want taco salad that I can easily make here. YEA!!!! Of course, I want it now, and it is only 9 in the monring, and we just had flax pancakes, so I really shouldn't be hungry

·
Registered
242 Posts
I love the Food Network! I'm addicted to 30 minute meals! The idea is so appealing to me as a mother of a toddler, kwim? I just wish there were more vegetarian meals shown on the food network.
:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILoveMySofie
Your post brings back the wonderful memories of the soup i had yesterday at the Cheescake Factory-Mexican Tortilla Soup.
What!? You went to the Cheesecake Factory again? NO FAIR! I'm moving out there with you till we deliver.

Oh, and on the taco salad note. They are my favorite! (right behind the Ramen noodles!)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The theme song to 30 minute meals comes on at the beginning of ths show and at commercials, and my son will stop whatever he is doing and stare at the tv as if in a trance. I watched it every time it was on (3x/day) while pg and I usually catch at least one episode a day now. So funny how he "knows" the show. Rachel Ray's twangy NE accent is music to his ears. He grins at her and thinks she's so neat!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I LOVE The Food Network. I am an Alton Brown fan, through and through.
I also love Paula Dean, Barefoot Contessa, and Rachael Ray. And I confess that I like Sandra Lee'e recipes just for funky ideas- and she almost always has an alcoholic drink to go with her meals

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
yes. yes indeed i went to Cheescake Factory AGAIN.

I couldnt resist - someone gave DB a $25 gift card to over there!!!
There was no stopping me then...

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I just had a taco salad tonight from an area mexican restaurant. It's actually very healthy except for the shell - which I only ate bits of. It has romaine lettuce, grilled chicken, black beans, corn, fresh salsa, and a bit of zesty dressing.
I scarfed that baby down!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.