Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be taking DD on a two week trip back to see my family next month. She is approaching a year, and gets SO distracted when nursing. Usually she will strike all day if we go out in public, and will only nurse once we get home to our cozy bed. She eats no solids (which I think is great), so she is still EBF.<br><br>
I am nervous about this trip b/c-- what if she won't nurse at all while we're gone? We have a 6 hour plane ride, and then we'll be there for 2 weeks. I DO NOT want her to wean. I am aiming for CLW.<br><br>
Part of me is scared b/c my MIL told me that DH "self-weaned" at 7 months due to a trip they took (I recognize it as a nursing strike, since he abruptly refused on the plane).<br><br>
I know travelling can be problematic, and I'm tempted not to go. But then I don't want to NOT see my family and not live my life because we're nursing, kwim? I've tried pumping in the past and it just doesn't work for me- I don't know what it is, but I can't letdown and I get less than 1 oz. per session, even when I KNOW there is milk in there...so pumping is really not an option.<br><br>
Feeling stuck. What to do? TIA!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Your dd won't wean. She may need some reminding that it's time to nurse, but she will not starve herself. I wouldn't worry about pumping or anything. Just try and find quiet times when you and her can be alone and she'll nurse. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts