Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the thread about going coverless. I never knew this was an option. I assumed if it was just fabric, it needed a cover. I didn't know you could opt out of the cover...of course I realize this wouldn't be the norm for a 2mo. old, but it was interesting to know

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Holden was always such a heavy wetter as a newborn that I never even considered it (plus it was winter and I wanted him warm anyway). But since he has slowed his nursing and peeing a bit, and it is so warm, he goes coverless whenever we are at home. I have even gotten brave and let him go coverless while we're out! Today he was coverless the whole time we were at the beach (about 5 1/2 hours). I changed him into 2 fitteds (so 3 total while we were there) and also his bathing suit for a while (the last 2 hours we were there?). He has so many adorable fitteds - that's why I originally started to let ihm go coverless when it got warm

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
coverless at the beach- very good
: i like it! we've got a few ff's & a couple more schnooglywears coming & i'm a cover freak (except for 1st prefold of the day so she can breathe after her nighttime of soaking :LOL )

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I feel scared to go coverless...especially since Ariana isn't toddling around yet. She's either laying on the Boppy attatched to my breast :LOL or she is in her carseat on the stroller (she loves setting here watching me in the kitchen. She is always on something, and I'm afraid the pee (or worse) would soak through.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I've been letting Phillip go coverless during the day a lot. I have a few fitted we like to show off but my favorite thing lately is a flat dipe wraped in a tie nappy. It looks so cute and gives a bit more protection.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
I've been letting Jessica go coverless occasionally since about 5 months - she's 7 months now. She's been sitting up on her own since then so I put a waterproof pad under her adn just let her play. Sometimes, before she was sitting up, I would just put towels down on the floor and let her play there coverless. It wasn't much of an issue though because I change her so frequently. I almost always caught her right after she had peed so it never had a chance to soak through. I did say almost

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyNameAddict
I feel scared to go coverless...especially since Ariana isn't toddling around yet. She's either laying on the Boppy attatched to my breast :LOL or she is in her carseat on the stroller (she loves setting here watching me in the kitchen. She is always on something, and I'm afraid the pee (or worse) would soak through.
I wouldn't worry about her soaking through anything.
My little one has always been a super soaker and if you are using absorbant diapers that have been washed in hot at least 4-5 times, you will be able to catch her before she pees through anything. Especially because we hold our babies so much, that that is the cool part of going coverless, especially in the summer. You know as soon as they are wet and they get a new diaper and plenty of airflow.
Ds doesn't go coverless while we are out in the car or anything, but if we are at a friends house we show off our adorable fitteds. :LOL

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
We go coverless at home a lot. I prefer to be able to reach down and feel dampness and immediately change the diaper. And lately I have been tucking a trifolded hemp doubler under the soaker to give us extra protection.

We went to a pool party the other day and as soon as I got there, I put a TDD on Ben. He ran around in only his prefold and Snappi for over 3 hours, and he never even wet once. And he looked so cool. And when do you ever get to see a cloth diapered bum running around at a picnic? I had plenty of moms come up and tell me how they had used cloth diapers, but they weren't as pretty as that.

However, if I wear Zach in my Kozy, I do put a wool soaker on him. Feeling dampness with my hand is one thing, peeing on my back is another.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I have just started doing this with Sammy recently. It isn't all the time, but a few times each day. I really like it. Of course, when winter comes I don't think it will happen because our house is sooo cold--but for now it is a regular daily deal

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ustasmom
However, if I wear Zach in my Kozy, I do put a wool soaker on him. Feeling dampness with my hand is one thing, peeing on my back is another.

Got to agree with that.

We go coverless a lot around here, especially once they are "mobile". I loved my DD in just a swingtop and matching diaper (no cover).
So sweet. My DS is rough and tumble in just a tshirt and diaper. We go coverless a lot because he gets Flaming Red Monkey butt sometimes from too much juice (boy loves his apple juice
), When he's coverless I can tell when Mr. SuperSoaker has wet and get him changed quicker. I use to let him go diaperless once and a while when he was really red but he pees SO MUCH and SO OFTEN now... I was tired of finding big wet spots on the carpet.
Just the other night I was getting him ready for his bath. I'd stripped him down and he was walking to the bathroom. He stopped on the carpet (I was standing right behind him with his towel) and he just let loose! I quick put the towel in front of him and he stopped peeing. I moved the towel away to pick him up... AND HE STARTED PEEING AGAIN!!!
Apparently he didn't want to pee on the towel... he wanted to pee on the carpet!!

Little stink pot!!!

:
:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Duren just sports a cpf or fitted most of the time. It's starting to heat up here, so even when we're out and about ( unless he's on my back), he's coverless. I also like that I know as soon as he's wet so he doesn't sit in it.
I try to let "the boys" get as much air as possible ever since I read the whole "high temps in dipes lead to decreased sperm count/low sperm motility" thing. I don't know if it's true of not, but I'd rather err on the side of caution and have oodles of grandkids someday, lol.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Well I am going to start letting Luke go coverless as of today! Lots of benefits to it it seems. Have to see about winter and might not be brave enough for in a long car trip lol or a mil's~she still won't change him in cd's lol
Glad I got up earlier to start the days work so I had time to check in here.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I tried doing the coverless thing months ago when ds was using Liz's Cloth. It didn't work. He soaked through (with pee running down his legs!) on the first pee! I've since sold all my LC. heh heh. Don't have any fitteds at the moment but I've been thinking of getting a couple later in the month. (money willing. lol).
I've been trying to sell stuff on the TP but haven't had much luck so I may not have the PP to buy anything. :-( Oh well.

What fitteds do you find most absorbant?
Hugs,
liz

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
I love to let Boo go coverless - makes changes faster and easier, I know as soon as he's wet, he gets lots of air too.

And it's making the entire potty-learning process easier because we can quickly get a fitted off of him when he needs to go.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.