Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dd (11 with sotos syndrome) is driving me NUTS! Between her behaivor issues, puberty, and her emotional issues, I'm actually considering calling DSS to try and get her more services. Lately, she has been getting violent with the neighbor's kids. She is obsessed with fighting, demons, and evil. She recently started counseling. I'm trying to get her in to see a psychiatrist, but because I have medicaid it's going to take months to get in. She has gotten so definant. I feel like any day now she is going to decide she doesn't have to listen to me and WTH will I do then? It's not like I can pick her up and move her ya know? ugh. I really can't stand all this. I also got a letter from the landlord complaining about her behavior. *sigh*

Thanks for listening to me vent.

Kara

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I'm sorry you and your DD are going through a difficult time. I just went and looked up Sotos Sydrome and it sounds like a challenge for both of you in many respects. Is your landlord informed about your daughter's special needs? Your neighbours? It might help to have some written information to give them. People don't always realize that a condition with physical symptoms can also include mental or emotional challenges, too.

I just didn't want to see this and not respond. I hope that things improve for you and your daughter very soon

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Kara, I am so sorry for the stress you and your family are having.
Continue to call DSS daily if you have to, and let them know that you have an urgent situation that needs to be address immediately. You should not have to wait months for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts