Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to incorporate more raw foods into my family's diet, but it seems kind of hard with small children that are used to all the usual foods. Are there any places where I can go for raw recipes that kids will like? TIA!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not too much help, but here's what we did and still do when I decided to get more raw into our diets. I buy large quantities of different types of fruit (grapes, clemetines, berries, pears, kiwi, avacados, bananas, apples, cantalopes, you name it), and veggies (carrots, red/yellow/orange peppers, celery, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, etc.) wash them as soon as I get them home and place them where everyone can grab them. My kids, my hubby and myself soon started grabing fruit 1st thing in the a.m. and some veggie to snack on in the afternoon. I make a huge salad at dinner time and let the kids (3 & 5) pick from the bowl before the dressing goes on and then after the meal they like to pick out of the bowl.

It has gotten us to eat a ton more raw.

HTH!

·
Registered
530 Posts
I found that grating things helps a LOT.

If I grate carrots and zuccini (courgette) and mix it with sprouts and a little hummous or yogurt, my kids eat it all.

I even put grated raw veggies in a little spagetti sauce over the noodles (especially the grated green peppers mmmm.)

Forget the kids, it's much harder to get DH to eat raw!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just went to the rawtable site and my mouth is watering! Probably because I haven't eaten food for 3 days! I've got seven more days of fasting on the Master Cleanse! I'll be dreaming about those recipes tonight...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.