Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just diagnosed with bipolar disorder a few days ago and have a question for those of you who may also have it or have experience with it.<br><br>
Does anyone have a non-medicated approach? I'm trying to look into all options before settling for medication.

·
Premium Member
14,874 Posts
<a href="http://www.psycheducation.org" target="_blank">www.psycheducation.org</a>. He has some information on natural treatment methods. All in all a great website, and even a great section for friends and family.<br><br>
(((())))

·
Registered
411 Posts
you might also read the Mood Cure by Julia Ross. She says specifically she doesn't recommend her book for treating bipolar, but I think some of that is to protect her publisher from law suits. She gives a lot of good info about treating the symptoms of bipolar including depression, anxiety, insomnia etc. with supplements and diet. Just be careful with anything that boosts serotonin since those supplements can also cause mania.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much, at this point in time I really want to try no medication and see where that puts me at. If I make the changes to my lifestyle and diet, etc, and find I still can't cope, at least then I can go into the medication knowing I tried other alternatives first.<br><br>
Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts