Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a storage question -- maybe you guys can help.

DD, DH, and myself are flying to FL for 6 days and will be back next Wednesday. I have a bunch of pumped milk b/c I work and am taking time off work for this trip. I won't be pumping while we're away, no need to b/c I'll be nursing the whole time.

Question - should I just freeze all the milk I have pumped that is right now in the refrigerator, or do you think the milk I pumped yesterday (Wednesday) will still be good next Friday? I could leave the freshest milk (from yesterday) in the fridge and freeze the rest, but I'm not sure about how well it will keep in the fridge.

If I freeze all of it, whatever I thaw for next friday has to be used within 1 day and can't be reheated, correct?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Hey Carrie! let me go get my manual!

crap crap crap, I can't find it. well, you can go to breastfeedingmadesimple.com or here's what I remember-

8 days in the fridge
8 weeks in the freezer

once thawed, use w/in 24 hours. and yeah, I don't think you'd want to reheat it.

so you'd better freeze all of it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.