Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are going to a new pediatrician, who is more open to non-vaxing families. Im not sure what say to her on the first appt (I dont plan to vaccinate) Should I say<br>
1. I am delaying vaccines<br>
2. I am not vaccinating.<br><br>
I dont want to sign a waiver, which could be brought up at a later date to prove I am putting my child in danger. (I am in NY, and I heard NY is a very difficult state re: the religious exemption and people have had cps called due to not vaccinating) Am I worrying too much, and what should I say? Thanks, Im new to all of this.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Well, if you know that the ped is ok with non vaxxing, I think that you are worrying too much.<br>
I would simply say that vaccination is against your religious beliefs and leave it at that.

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
If she dosnt bring up vax you shouldnt bring it up either. Maybe she will consider this a "get to know you visit" and wont expect you to vax even if you planned to. If she does bring it up tell her that you are opposed to vax on religious grounds. That should be the end of that. If she wants you to sign a waiver dont. Tell her you will be happy to bring her a copy of your religious exemption for her files the next time you come in.

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
I would immediately play the religious card - as soon as she brings up the subject.<br><br>
And say nothing else. I would not say that I've researched etc. She will really try and convince you to look at ONE vaccine that she considers VERY IMPORTANT. Just this one....<br><br>
It's a trick they are taught to use.<br><br>
The religious card out to take care of it all.<br><br>
And if she asks what religion you are, simply say you do not feel comfortable discussing that with her. Period.<br><br>
CPS can not call simply because you do not vaccinate, so as long as you and dh agree there is no way they can bother you about it. It is NOT a law to vaccinate. You are not breaking the law.<br><br>
Should they call, do not answer any questions at all. End the conversation and hang up quickly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts