Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi... I 'm a mother of a 3 n half year old kid..nowadays he doesn't likes to go to kindergarten, he started it 10months back n loved to go but since last 1 month every morning he starts crying tht he don't want to n would stay at home.I m facing serious problem every morning i divert his mood by saying some stories n as soon as he reaches to kg he starts crying..We r Indian staying in Germany n my kid goes to German kindergarten. He could not speak German but he understands wht his teacher is saying. Please help me with this problem.

Thanks..

Reena Yadav

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,

Maybe instead of distracting his attention from the sadness he feels in leaving each morning, you could take some time to ask him questions about what happens at school that makes him sad or scared or upset . Try to take the time the night before, or before he is upset in the morning. Validate all of his fears, and maybe even bring the teacher into the conversation with him. It could be that the language difference is hard for him. If you allow him the opportunity to come up with some solutions to his issues with kindergarten, and help him execute them, he may feel more in control of the time he spends at school. I really hope this helps, it is so hard to encourage our children to do things that make them sad or upset.

L

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.