Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. Ds is 5, and dd is almost 2,and I am finally thinking of getting seriously back into school. Dh thinks it's great, and really wants me to go for it, and I know it would be good for me, but I am freaking out about leaving dd. We have checked out a bunch of Montessori schools since we are sure that is what we want to do with her, and my program would be from 8-1 M-Th. This probably doesn't sound too bad, but since ds started going to a 5 morning preschool this year we have had so many wonderful mornings together. I am also kind of stuck because the sooner I get started on school, the sooner dh can look for a different job (we will have to take a pay cut, so I have to work). This puts on a lot of pressure, not to mention the fact that I hate where he works too. We were just left with very few options after the first (unplanned) pregnancy.
Sometimes I feel like having less time with the kids would mean more quality time with them. I feel like I am constantly trying to breathe, so logically this seems right. Just emotionally...
So anyway, I feel like I have made my decision, and I just came here for support

·
Premium Member
7,581 Posts
Hi elaine and welcome! It sounds like you have a lot of mixed emotions about your decision---excitement and anticipation, but also sadness and a bittersweet feeling about some of your current rhythms ending. I hope you can find a good balance. Children that have a good school/care situation to go to usually transition well and have a lot of enthusiasm about it, so don't worry about your dc pining away for you while you are at school.

What have you decided to study?

Much luck to you!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I am actually going to be entering a culinary school in the fall. I am so excited! I am starting to feel a bit better about everything after meeting with some providers. I feel like By being so thorough I am doing the best thing for both of us.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.