Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we're taking our 7 week old baby to Picture People to get his newborn portraits and a family portraits too.
any advice?
I think we'll take some cute blankets as props, anything else we need to bring or do?
any reviews of Picture People? They seem decent enough from what I've seen. I wish we could afford a real studio but the price at PP is right.

·
Registered
373 Posts
We took Evie last week (9 weeks) and I told my dh, as long as we didn't have any meltdowns, I'd be happy. The pictures turned out ok and we didn't have any meltdowns. We even managed to get one smile. Just make sure dc is fed and well rested. If it's nap time, I've seen some really cute sleeping baby pictures. Picture people also have a little basket that they'll put the baby in while it's asleep. It was a cute picture.

·
Registered
616 Posts
My advice? Try not to spend too much money!
The picture People is pricey when you start adding packages together. We usually just go get the freebie and that's it. They will put them online for you, so you don't have to decide right then, you can order them later (or better yet, send them to grandma - you can email the link, and let her order them!).
The best way for me to get my baby to smile is a great big ol' fake sneeze. I'm a goof!
Good Luck!

·
Registered
591 Posts
We did the freebie one there and it was a fun outing. My dd's are walking though so they had a blast going all over the place. One of my dd's was trying really hard to be in another families picture
. We even managed to take a few pictures of dd's together.

Check the focus on the pictures. The focus on ours isn't too great. All in all I like the pictures that grandpa takes much better.

·
Registered
249 Posts
IMO... picture people is a bit more expensive than other studios (like jc penney) but I would take pictures there again! My favorite picture from there was one with daddy's hand holding ds hand.... soooo cute! I would have loved to get the basket one but he wouldn't fall asleep

They have their own props but you can bring your own blankets to make it a bit more personal

Have fun

·
Registered
6,956 Posts
Don't dress you baby in brand new clothes that are a too big. Clothes that are about to be outgrown usually look cuter in pictures, even if they are faded.
Make sure you're okay with the thought of throwing pictures of your baby away - they used to print a bunch of pictures and count on your sentimentality to buy them to keep them from the trash.
Check the quality of the prints - I had great photos, but bad printing. They had to do it over again when the dark skined person in the picture had porclaine skin tone and the rest of us were even lighter. It's possible that the focus issue mentioned previously was a printing issue not a camera issue.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
We had pics professionally done by a friend who is a pretty well known photographer of babies. So here is the advice she gave: put the baby in sort of simple and tight fitting clothes, so that you can see the baby and the focus is on the baby, not the outfit. Something light colored is better than something patterned. We also (me and DH) coordinated our clothes so we were both wearing similar colors.

I don't have the link handy but the Purple Stork Baby Announcement website has some nice tips for photographing your baby--you can see if any of those would apply to your situation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.