Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been a stray cat around here for a couple of years now. I've been unable to catch her, but each time she's had a litter of kittens, the neighbor girls play with the babies and find them homes when they're old enough. SHe's had 3 ltters that I know about and I've been unable to find someone who can help. I've called everyone.

I FINALLY found a rescue group who does trap/neuter/release and we're going to catch the 3 (a couple from the past litters the girls weren't able to catch) cats that are still around here, so they can stop breeding. I don't really mind having them around, I just don't want a zillion kitties out there.

We have to pay a minimum donation of $15/cat, which Iwill gladly do (and I'll ask my neighbor to do the same) and we have to agree to continue to feed them once they're back (the neighbor feeds them). We've talked about ti and we're both willing, so we're going forward.

I feel much better about this than catching them and having them put to sleep. I just wish whoever dumped the cat originally....well, those people just piss me off.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Good for you for doing that! I wish there was something like that around here.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Thank you for doing this! I used to feed a half dozen feral cats when I lived in my old house. Apparently, they were left behind when their previous owners moved. I was able to TNR several of them; 2 disappeared, and I also found homes for the few kittens they had.

So sad. But at least you will be helping to prevent future unwanted litters.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah. I don't want/cant' have cats (I'm allergic). I don't mind having them around, but I can't keep finding homes for the kitties.

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Congratulations! Wow! I'm excited. I've been doing TNR work for almost 4 years. I find it very rewarding.

Here's a great site, Alley Cat Allies. There is lots and lots of information under "Caregiver/Advocate Information". Shelbean91, you probably know a lot of what that site offers. But I thought I'd post it so anyone reading this thread could easily find out more about TNR.

Good luck with trapping the cats.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Bless you for doing that. You're making a huge difference.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I trapped them last night and dropped them off this morning. I got up at 5am on my day off and drove almost 2 hrs round trip to drop them and will do the same trip to pick them up. But, it will be done. I trapped the 2 I knew were still around and a third I've never seen before. I hope it's not someone's cat that they left outside, but I don't think so. If it is, there are no collars or anything.

Man, these cats are smelly.....they spent the night in my garage and I was amazed at the smell this morning. Also, my van smelled pretty bad after I dropped them off, so I had the windows down as much as I could handle (it was about 45 degrees outside) and the heat on in the car. Seems like the smell is gone, though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.