Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where in WI are you living - just noticed your location! I was born in Brooklyn, WI (well in Madison really) and grew up there and then in a suberb of Milwaukee (Shorewood). My dh is from Green Bay, then Beaver Dam, then Milwaukee, then Madison. His whole family still lives in Green Bay (and Appleton) and his gradparents live in Boulder Junction (by the UP). My parents are in Madison (and Sister Bay) and in Spring Green. Between us we have most of the state covered
We go back several times year, canoe the WI river, eat cheese curds, and enjoy the fresh air (nothing like what we got here in Brooklyn, NY!)

·
Registered
840 Posts
I love Wisconsin too. I went to college in Ripon (20 minutes away from both Oshkosh and Fond du Lac) and drove all over the state. I drive through several times a year from MN to IL. Sometimes I think it'd be nice to live there - a little less remote than where we are now, with the rolling hills. It's beautiful, and the people really are wonderful. We are Packers fans too.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I currently live in Watertown (about 30 minutes East of Madison), but I have lived in many places in Milwaukee County. I has also visited many of the cities that you all have mentioned.

·
Registered
892 Posts
i know i told goldie this before but i was raised in madison wisconsin!!

shout out!

i miss it every day!!

ok, now back to procrastinating -- i mean, cleaning and raking leaves

happy T-day!

deb

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Deb, what years were you in Madison (and you aren't the Deb who studied sign language at UNM by any chance, because that would be way too funny!)

I was born in 1977 - my brother and step sisters went to West High School and my dad owns two store in Madison, one on State Street until last year!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
And I was born and grew up in the itty bitty town of Richland Center, which is just about an hour from Madison! Really missing WI this holiday season! So fun to have so many of you be fromt here too! My parents live in Ft. Atkinson, near Janesville.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Richalnd Center is where my hudband's grandma grew up. It is close to where my mom lives now - I will be there in a few weeks for the holidays!

·
Registered
840 Posts
I know where Richland Center is too! And Ft. Atkinson. My husband had a significant camping trip at Ft. Atkinson. His mom's cousin lives in Lone Rock. I do a web site for a business in Reedsburg, too. Wisconsin, moreso than other states I think, is filled with a lot of little towns with big things in them or about them. It's neat!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Cool!! Lone Rock is just up the road from RC; and Reedsburg has a really nice movie theater that we went to pretty frequently if we didn't go to Madison. This is such a fun thread for me...its making me a bit homesick for WI though.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Ft Atkinson is just down the road to the south of me. I agree that there are alot of little towns that all seem to have something going on, or that went on. It makes it a nice place to live. Now if only they would drop the property taxes some...

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's funny! Lone rock is a town i frive through all the time at my moms place because she lives in Highland and owns a store in Spring Green - we take the bridge to Lone Rock and then turn off to Spring Green.

And my name is Megan but I grew up elsewhere in WI (my mom moved out there when I graduated) so your MIL would likely not know us. My husband's grandma, from Lone Rock, is a Fitzgerald and she is one of 15 kids who gre up on a farm there!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts