Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i've been on gonal F to pair with iui this cycle...112.5 dosage since cd3. i'm now at cd9 and after bloodwork this a.m. (checking estrogen levels,) i got a message from my RE to up my dosage to 150 for the next 2 days til i see her again. i don't know much as this is our first injection cycle and i'm wondering why they would need me to increase. i had 4 maturing follicles for sure on the right and 2 maybes on the left as of this morning's u/s. would they up it in order to make those other two join the race?? any ideas?? i got the message after the office closed so i couldn't call to ask why!

·
Registered
533 Posts
150ius of Gonal-f isn't a high dose of Gonal-f and is pretty common for an IUI so I wouldn't worry about the dose being too high. As far as why they increased it from 112.5 to 150, it probably has to do with your e2 level, but you're going to need to clarify this with them. With an IUI, my guess is that they aren't shooting for 6 mature follicles, so it's not about having the 2 follies on one side catch up with the 4 on the other side, but rather about trying to get 2-3 good follies to a certain size before your LH rises and it's time to trigger. Did they mention how many folliies they want you to have for trigger? Many REs won't trigger for an IUI if you have more than 4 mature follicles (some say 3). When you talk to them, ask them to keep you in the loop about your follice size and e2 levels. I know that the move to injectible cycles can be totally disconbobulating and it's a HUGE emotional adjustment as well and our providers often forget to take us along on the information highway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts