Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search, but didn't come up with much.

I have some old baking sheets that I use for roasting veggies, baking cookies, what-have-you. I have no idea what they're made out of but one has rust spots on it. I would like to get some new ones, can anyone recommend a good brand? Or what material should I get or stay away from? Thanks!

· Registered
399 Posts
Do you have a restaurant supply store near you? You can check the yellow pages and they're usually open to the public. You want something called half-sheet pans. They're like jelly roll pans and they work great. Sturdy and long-lasting and very inexpensive. I have three and paid $5 for each of them. HTH.

· Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

I guess what I'm also looking for is what is going to be the healthiest kind of pan? Aluminum? Stainless steel? Is there some other type of material that is ok to bake with? Does it matter?

· Registered
586 Posts
I use the baking stones from Pampered Chef. Expensive, most definitely. I'm too cheap (or smart, not always sure which) to pay for them so I had a huge party and earned almost everything for free. I love them and use them for just about everything.

I try my best to stay away from teflon things and aluminum, well, I don't know enough about it yet to put all my trust in it (and have not researched it because I still use aluminum foil fairly often).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.