Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been meaning to post this for a few weeks now. Id love to hear supportive/nice comments you have recieved from family or friends.
Here is mine- DH,DS1 (20m),DS2(5m) and I flew back to Canada for a week, this was the first time my family met DS2. We were having a party at my Dads after DS2s Christening and I leave to go to the bathroom and when I come back my Uncle turns to me as I walk into the room and says "You're just a regular creamsicle arent you!"
: OMG my Aunt started yelling at him....but I said its ok, the Dr said the same thing. I still smile when I think about that! For the record....DS2's lowest wieght was 6lbs 9 oz. At 4mos he was almost 19lbs, and now at almost 6 mos he is around 21lbs...so yes I am a creamsicle
:
I was proud to see my entire family bragging to co-workers etc that DS2 was 'on only bm!no formula or solids!'

Later that evening we were eating and I mentioned something about needing to lost 40lbs so I wasnt going to have desert or something and my uncle (the creamsicle one) said "Oh dont worry about it, just keep on nursing and itll come off. Thats how Monika (my aunt/his wife) lost all her baby weight.
I was shocked and PROUD of my auntie!!! I had no idea she nursed her kids!

Okay so now I wanna hear yours!!

·
Premium Member
9,311 Posts
My MIL told her nieces to keep trying to bf(they all had trouble..one didn't latch and the other had twins) because Sophia was so healthy it was well worth it and she also told them to call me because I seemed to know all about it.

My SIL's brother noticed I was still nursing Sophia when seh was about 19 mos and said..."wow, you are still nursing...wtg...mom nursed us until we were almost 3" I do notice that family in particular gets excited when we nurse..they are from a place where nursing is not as common and their mother nursed them until they were older...I bet she faced a lot of negative comments about that.

I do get mostly positive comments to my face...I am sure behind my back it's different...oh well..

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
My favorite is from my dh's grandmother. She is 90. When we were visiting her last month she told me that she was glad I was bfing ds. She said that it was best for mother and baby. Then she got a little teary-eyed and said that she regrets that she didn't get to feed her children that way because they didn't give her the chance to back when she had them (40s and 50s).

The other was a car salesman - we were filling out the paperwork to purchase our new (used) car and the salesman commended me for bfing. He said his wife bf all of their kids and he thought it was best! Granted he was trying to sell us a car, but still...

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
I dont get too many comments either way. My one very close friend is super supportive. She nursed her DS for about 3 weeks and then quit because of many problems. But she wishes she had been able to do more and plans to try again with #2. She is always saying how great it is, how healthy it is, she cant wait to do it again, etc. She asked me once how long I was going to nurse and I jokingly said "oh I dont know ... forever" and she said "Yeah I would too." So thats cool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.