Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '98 Ford Ranger. DD rides in the front seat RF.<br><br>
What is a good convertible for a truck? (I am really worried about visibility.) It only needs to get her to 2 years old or so, because after that we should have a new truck and I will have my mommy car back. (We have re-arranged due to commute issues.) Money isn't an issue as long as it's not Britax or Complete Air-priced.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I have a '95 Ford Ranger. We have a TrueFit that fits beautifully, and installs very easily RF. It has built in lockoffs, which is great for our non-locking belts - I can install it in like 30 seconds. We also have a Scenera that is ok, but requires a locking clip because the seatbelts don't lock. I don't know if the seatbelts lock on the '98 so that might be a consideration. I find locking clip installs to be an enormous PITA, plus the Scenera has NO padding whatsoever, so it's not a great seat for frequent rides (our Ranger and our Scenera are used only rarely). The TrueFit costs around $150 and the Scenera is about $50.<br><br>
If you have locking seatbelts, I'd look at the MyRide also... I don't think it has lockoffs, but it's otherwise a nice seat.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! The '98 does lock off at the shoulder part.<br><br>
BRU just actually let me return the unopened Marathon we got before she was born, and I got a MyRide + $120 toward whatever I put in the truck. I will check the Myride in there next week. It just seems so darn large! Can you see out of the windows? I will look at the Trufit too. I do quite a bit of driving, and DD ends up in the carseat a lot, so comfort is definitely a plus.

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
Dh has a '04 Ford Ranger (the smaller model) and we have a True Fit in it. It's now FFing but when it was RFing it was perfectly fine. Another bonus is you can take the headrest off if she's under 22lbs or under the line that is on the seat. That makes it a lot easier to see!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, that sounds great!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
The TrueFit definitely fits fine - I have no trouble seeing out the windows. It covers maybe a small corner of the side window and none of the windshield. It does block the passenger side rearview mirror, but I can't see how any seat wouldn't, because of where it's positioned. It really hasn't been a problem for us.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
My friend has a MyRide RF'ing in a Toyota T-100, very similar in size to a Ranger. It installs beautifully.<br><br>
I had my DD1 RF'ing in a Evenflo Triumph in my mom's '00 Ranger and it worked great as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts