Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help , i need some ideas for a 8year old boy- for some arts and crafts.i
'm not to sure if this was the section to post it in (sorry if it is not).
we do not have tv and i need some ideas before he gets here . i do have access to sew but what would a 8 yo boy want to sew????
thanks for your ideas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 9-year old boy loves sewing, as long as it is simple projects that can be finished fast, he´s definately not the patient type!

Latest projects has been a pirate flag and a treasure pouch to go with it (I helped him a little with the skull application for the flag), bean bags, and a really large pouch to store all of his Lego. He has also sewn a really great cape he uses a lot - he likes pretending to be a knight.

Good luck

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
My guys have done some wet felting recently, and made some felt balls.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Most of the 8 year olds boys I know like making things which they can then use. Maybe sewing some beenbags. If he's not done much sewing before I would put the bean/rice into a plastic bag inside the beanbag. That way it doen't fall out between childrens large stiches.

Cup and ball game, scrunch a pice of paper into a ball, and secure with tape. Now use a string to connect the ball to a paper cup.

Soap is nice and easy to carve with clay modelling tools (or make your own with wooden craft sticks and a craft knife)

Try googling "beadie buddies", insects and lisards have gone down well with the boys I know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.