Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the worst luck finding a diaperbag I love! I tried this one:

http://babystyle.com/common/dProduct...agstotes&cmPG=
but it didn't work great for us. I couldn't keep track of my stuff in it.

We tried a backpack but it was so wide I got stuck in doorways. Too bulky!

Now we have the Skip-Hop-Duo.
http://www.babyoliverboutique.com/sk...anvas-red.html
I like it for daytrips. Its slim and easy to wear but it doesn't hold that much stuff and we're flying cross country...

So - mamas,when you have a lot to carry what do you use??

Thanks!!
Jenn
:

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
We just use a regular backpack (small school bag/ daypack sized). It holds lots and it's hands free. It also slips over stroller handles and we can also use a sling and the backpack. We already had it so we didn't have to pay anything extra and it works great. We use ziplocks or shopping bags (that are ALWAYS plentiful
) for wet/dirty diapers since we're cloth diapering. The mesh pockets on the sides work for spare plastic bags and a water bottle for us. The front pocket works for our keys/ cell phone/ wallets.

Pretty much, everything we need and it's nice and big. You can use the change pad that came with one of your other bags and if you can't find stuff easily, you can use large ziplocks to organize... one for diapers, one for wipes and wipe solution etc.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Lands end's do-it-all is an awesome diaper bag for travel. I hardly use mine for anything else, b/c it's too big for everyday use, but I keep it around for travel purposes. It is durable, lightwt and nylon... so easy to wipe off should it get yucky. It also seems that we can just keep on stuffing stuff into it and it never runs out of room... like mary poppin's carpet bag.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yes, I second the Lands' End do-it-all. It's large and holds a lot of stuff but isn't TOO big, and the tope opens like an old-fashioned doctor's bag so you can reach everything easily. The changing pad it comes with is also plenty big. Also a good price!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I bought this backpack from lands end last night. Hopefully it'll be here early next week. I have a bad back so 2 shoulders seemed like a good idea.

http://landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0,146...26928658102810

Anyone have any experience with this one?

Thanks!
Jenn
:

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I use a backpack, put my calendar, waterbottle, emergency snacks and a silk scarf (modesty drape, sunshade, baby toy) in the outer pouches, use a plastic velcro close "diaper bag" that I got at the 99cent store as a wet bag and I roll the prefolds rather than folding them, makes them easier to grab. Mine happens to have interior pockets that I use to put wipes, butt cream and a aromatherapy mister in, and a divider that I can tuck spare clothes behind. It does make it hard to get through doors (bathroom stalls at the airport) but I like to have the hands free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts