Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I use a swiffer with a premie prefold diaper on it (also could use a microfiber cloth). You can also use a cotton rag mop, just never get it wet. Now, I vacuum almost daily and just use the swiffer/premie to damp dust the floors.

The things to be careful of with hardwood (and please disregard if you already know this) are pretty much standing water and too much grit. The water, obviously will ruin it and the grit will basically sand the floors. I wash mine about every other week with a mild water and vinegar solution (1 part vinegar to 3 parts water). I spray LIGHTLY and follow with the mop. It's pretty fast actually!

enjoy your floors. I love hardwood!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Swiffer daily and you won't have problems. Like the pp said, getting that grit up is important. I use mine with a microfiber cloth. I tried the old fashioned dust mops and newer can be better in this case. When I need to damp mop, I just wring out the microfiber very well and use that. I haven't needed anything else and we've had our floor for two years. And we are a shoe on house with four kids.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts