Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We did see a heartbeat last Friday which made me very excited, but then I have continued to spot all weekend long. I went in for bloodwork on Saturday and my hCG is at 65,147 and progesterone is at 29.5!!!! I had more bloodwork done today to compare, but I'm so sick, I'm just sure it's going to be fine.

Now, why am I spotting???? I spoke with my mom last night about it and her response? "Well, dear, you're not in your 20's anymore!" Grrrr . . .

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
My MW explained that lots of things can cause spotting. Are you cramping at all? (it's better if you're not) You could have a tiny benign cervical polyp. That often causes spotting because it gets bumped with expanding/swelling tissues during PG. Have you had intercourse lately? Do you spot more after a bm? It could be that you could also have an infection--vaginitis or yeast. My friend had an asymptomatic yeast infection that caused her to spot (even bleed red) into her 2nd trimester, until they finally figured out what it was! Have them do a vaginal culture to make sure.

Another friend had a weird blood vessel problem in the uterus, kind of like a placenta abrupta, but she carried to term and had a healthy girl even though she bled throughout the whole PG off and on.

Your chances of m/c are way lower after you see a heartbeat! And your progesterone is perfect
Try not to worry!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope - no cramping. I'm going to ask my MW to do a culture the next time I'm in for yeast. My spotting is bright red. Hmmm . . .

Would that blood vessel problem be seen on an U/S? If so, then that's not what my problem is.

Thanks for your response!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
They didn't figure out about the vessel until she was like 20 weeks or so. Before that it was too small to see. She was on prog supplements and had u/s every week or so because of the bleeding.

I hope it's as simple as yeast, or that it just stops on its own!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Get this - I told my MIL about the spotting and everything that the midwives had done. She is absolutely convinced that I need to go to a high risk doctor!! You should've heard her on the phone last night!! Do you think we should tell her that we're planning a homebirth?? LOL

·
Registered
177 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by My Three Boys
Get this - I told my MIL about the spotting and everything that the midwives had done. She is absolutely convinced that I need to go to a high risk doctor!! You should've heard her on the phone last night!! Do you think we should tell her that we're planning a homebirth?? LOL

:LOL i would keep that bit of info to yourself for right now!!
you know, my dh and i learned that the least amount of information you can give people is the best. another board i go to (gentle christian mothering) has a saying about bean dip. like, when your MIL asks how your spotting is going, "fine, want some bean dip?"

"how is your baby sleeping at night?" "just fine, want some bean dip?"

"are you still nursing?" "yeah, a little, want some bean dip?"

works like a charm!!

i am sooooo glad your baby is healthy!! i'll keep praying!!!!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Yeah, we didn't tell anyone we were planning a homebirth with the m/c and won't this time either until it's almost over. Especially because of our history, people think we are just nuts.

I'd keep the details of the PG to yourself for now. How are you doing? Oh, just fine, feeling a little sick, that's all. (Then they will tell you their woe-is-me tales of their own pregnancies, sigh, and you can nod and smile)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tia - You must know Joanne - from TX - right? She's on my homeschooling board and posted the bean dip essay to us too. I'm not very good at the response yet. I guess I need more practice! I just spoke with my BIL and MIL is complaining to him about how we need more medical attention for this!! (BIL/SIL just had a baby and MIL is also telling them that they need to get their 19 mo out of their bed so she won't hurt the newborn! She's something else!)

Yea - I'm going to have to be better about keeping things to myself. I just like to talk!!

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Jennifer....glad everything is looking good

·
Registered
177 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by My Three Boys
Tia - You must know Joanne - from TX - right? She's on my homeschooling board and posted the bean dip essay to us too. I'm not very good at the response yet. I guess I need more practice! I just spoke with my BIL and MIL is complaining to him about how we need more medical attention for this!! (BIL/SIL just had a baby and MIL is also telling them that they need to get their 19 mo out of their bed so she won't hurt the newborn! She's something else!)

Yea - I'm going to have to be better about keeping things to myself. I just like to talk!!
yeah, joanne is a moderator on GCM (Gentle Christian Mothering). are you a member over there? if not, you should join! www.gentlechristianmothers.com
i always thought that bean dip thing was so funny! i'm a lot like you - i like to talk, too and have trouble keeping things to myself!

my dd never slept through the night until recently and i didn't realize this was normal so i would ask everyone why she wasn't sleeping, etc. it turns out i got a lot of advice i didn't want, some i even considered and am so glad i ended up ignoring...needless to say, when i read the "bean dip" post, i laughed out loud and thought, "that's my problem! i need to shut my stinking mouth!" :LOL

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
A friend of mine bled for 40 days with her 2nd pregnancy, and went on to birth a gorgeously healthy little girl. I don't think there was an obvious cause they ever figured out. She did have a cesarean birth with her first so I guess it's possible it could have been something about scarring. She's now had 2 VBAC homebirths. Try to stay positive!

Carol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.