Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i wanted to get my dad a nutrition book- any recommendations? i was thinking about something that stresses the importance of whole foods and all the food groups, but not any special diet (nt, raw, veg). i know the dr sears book and la leche league books are good but i wanted something that was targeted for the general population, not a parenting series or anything.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
That's a good question - thre is a book Thriving which is specifically for men which came out about 7 years ago - I don't know if has been updated but I remember my dh really liked it. 8 Weeks to Optimum Health by Andrew Weil is pretty good, also Prescription for Dietary Wellness.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I like Dr Weils books a lot as well. Nourishing Traditions has some good info but some of it is poorly researched (I still own a copy of it). Someone told me about this book as well I want to get for myself, I think it would be good to have on hand:
http://tinyurl.com/8k2f7

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the link the previous poster provided is called Superfoods RX: Fourteen Foods That Will Change Your Life by Steven G. Pratt. So far it is winning. Just based on the way I was raised this one will be the most receptive and easy to understand i think. woohhoo. i will wait to buy it though just to see if there are any more suggestions. most of my nutrition info came from Super Baby Foods by Ruth Yaron. she is a veg. and it has lots of good info that can be applied to adults as well.

nichole

1 - 5 of 5 Posts